Events Management Specialist
Events Management Specialist
Drive event management from ideation through execution by leading, engaging, fostering relationships and establishing effective results driven communication internally at Sixthman as well as with clients/partners for all assigned events.
Leader, decision maker, problem solver, cross-functional, relational, proactive, organized, diplomatic, communicator, creative, respectful
· Lead and develop relationships with external high-value event clients/partners by clearly communicating timelines, critical information, and event financials regularly throughout the life cycle of the event.
· Drive all aspects of the event planning with internal departments to ensure that each event timeline is followed, adjusting as needed and staying within budget to move the event forward.
· Serve as liaison with external event clients/partners, ensuring an effective and efficient flow of information in both directions.
· Coordinate an overall event timeline and set of expectations for clients as to what to expect during each phase of their events including any key dates for decisions or approvals.
· Proactively follow-up with internal departments and clients/partners to obtain necessary decisions and approvals.
· Understand and be flexible knowing that some businesses may be in different time zones and conversations may be had before or after Sixthman business hours and find the right approach for each event.
· Maintain “real-time” event budgeting process, understanding revenue streams, expense categories, and how inventory impacts the event profit for the client/partners and Sixthman, and be able to properly speak to all financial pieces internally, guiding additional departments when budget adjustments need to be made.
· Lead discussions with clients/partners on financial results of events including, daily sales emails, sail today financial reports and financial pre-settlement and final settlement.
· Prepare renewal term sheets for renewing events.
· Proactively monitor the status of revenue holds, non-revenue holds, active upgrade plans, sales trends, cabin inventory, and promotions to ensure the event is tracking to plan
· Collaborate and work cross-departmentally to execute the overall event timeline in tandem with Marketing, Production/Operations, Finance, Artist Relations, Talent Buyers, Community Management, Design, LAUNCH, Tour Managers and all other internal teams, while also serving as the final decision maker for each assigned event internally.
· Develop and maintain solid relationships with brand partners by communicating event information regularly to earn trust and familiarity and to ensure partner feels informed and valued to increase likelihood of brand partner renewing event
· Develop a set of expectations for brand partners as to what to expect during each phase of integration including any key dates for decisions or approvals as well as event recaps and measurables
· Multi-task to run concurrent projects, knowing that each event will be in a different stage of lifecycle and know how to prioritize workflow
· Travel, as needed, to see clients/partners face to face to help build the strength of the client relationship and seek any necessary approvals for the event.
· Learn the broad strokes of New Business Development and participate in introductory calls.
· Attend several of the Company’s events annually and perform various duties at events closely tied to the Event manager role in addition to other onsite roles as assigned with goal of providing world class experience to guests, artists and clients.
· Host new prospects onboard or at land resorts.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s degree required (or equivalent experience)
· 4+ years of experience, live event or project management strongly preferred
· Experience in the music industry or entertainment industry, interacting with agencies and/or management firms preferred
· Proven ability to problem-solve creatively
· Experience seeing projects through the full lifecycle and proven ability to complete projects according to outlined timeline, and budget
· Must have good verbal, written, interpersonal and communication skills
· Requires diplomatic skills in dealing with clients and, executives.
· Ability to lead internal departments/discussions and delegate efficiently
· Strong creativity balanced with strong organization skills and ability to multi-task
· Ability to work under pressure and adapt to changes or challenges
· Computer proficiency (Email, Word, and strong Excel skills)
DISCUSSIONS YOU LEAD
Own decision-making and informed recommendations related to ensuring a successful lifecycle for the Event and all parties involved.
WHO LEADS YOU
Manager of Events